Atjeu Cloud Hosting Services
Are you looking to buy or resell cloud services? Are you confused as to what “cloud” even means?
More business than ever before are moving their business and/or hosting to cloud services and for good reason. Atjeu Hosting is going to be releasing our own cloud infrastructure in the very near future and we wanted to give our existing clients a heads up. We are currently offering these cloud services on a limited basis but will be making them more public in the very near future. In fact, Atjeu has partnered with 3Tera (3Tera.com) to become officially 3CCO certified to offer their AppLogic cloud product.
What you might be asking yourself though is, “What do you mean by cloud services?”
This is a very good question because there are many different definitions of what a cloud is. The most basic definition of a cloud is simply computing services and software offered over the internet. According to this definition, all web hosting is technically “cloud” services and in this sense, Atjeu has been in the cloud computing business since the mid 90’s. Atjeu has even been doing virtual servers (VPS) for the last 5 years. There are however more robust cloud services available that go far beyond this kind of service and that is what Atjeu is rolling out. Atjeu’s cloud services give you the following:
– Scalability: You can scale from a very small Cloud server for a single web site up to a very large Cloud Dedicated server that has more processing and memory power than a dedicated server. This scaling can be done whenever you need it, so if you know that you are going to have a huge spike in traffic on a certain day, we can scale your cloud server up to handle that demand and then scale it back down when you are done if you like. You can even choose to only pay for those resources during that limited time by doing per hour billing. This eliminates the need to upgrade hardware forever!
– Dedicated Resources– Your Cloud Dedicated Server has dedicated hardware CPU, Memory and Storage resources. Unlike VPS software based virtual servers that often share CPU and Memory. This means that your Cloud dedicated server works exactly the same as a dedicated server does, only you don’t have the hassle of dealing with the hardware problems! No more hard drive failures, no more bad power supplies, no more downtime!
– Rapid Provisioning: Instead of waiting hours or even days to have a new server setup and delivered to you, we can provision a cloud based dedicated server to you literally in minutes from the time of order.
– Data Redundancy: No more hard drive failures!! Hard drives will always fail but you will never have to deal with it when it happens because your cloud server is located on multiple physical servers. And what is even better is that you don’t even have to do anything to make this happen! If the server that you are hosted on goes down, your data and sites will all still be available on another server. If you have ever had to deal with the pain and suffering incurred by a hardware failure, you know how valuable this truly is.
– High Availability: High Availability (HA) refers to continuously available data or web sites that are not subject to the downtime that is so common with dedicated servers. In order for something to be HA, it needs to be replicated on more than one physical server thus eliminating single points of failure. Many, if not most cloud hosting services that are available in the market today are NOT highly available which means you are subject to substantial downtime just like a traditional dedicated server.
– Portability: You can pack up a virtual server and migrate it to a different location with ease in a cloud environment. You can also make a copy of your whole virtual server and use the copy for development while your mission critical web sites are not touched and stay online.
– Geographical Distribution of Data: Atjeu’s cloud has the option to replicate your data to not only multiple servers in our data center, but also multiple servers in OTHER data centers in a different part of the country or even a different part of the world. The data is written to the different servers simultaneously which allows you to avoid data loss.
– Environmentally Friendly: When you are hosted in a cloud infrastructure, it takes less hardware to run more servers. This means that there is less heat produced, less power consumed, and less waste of old hardware when you are done.
– Public and Private Cloud Options: You can either get an individual cloud dedicated server or you can get your own dedicated private cloud. A private cloud would be fully dedicated to your company and is ideal for those who need the security of not being on a public shared network, or for resellers who want to resell cloud services themselves.
There are many hosting companies out there these days who are offering cloud services but are not giving you all the things listed above. While they may offer a virtual dedicated server, the actual server instance is only residing on one physical server. This does not give you the high availability and data redundancy that you really need but are often paying for anyway.
If you are interested in these services and would like to know more specifics fee free to open a ticket in the help desk under sales and we would be happy to talk with you further.